Bu Blogda Ara

07 Temmuz 2011

Diary of a Mouse Living in 1.6.01 with Illustrations



As you all know I hardly post personal things on my blog. However, today is somehow special. It is my birthday. It is the end of my 34th year in this world and today I am living the 12,418th day of my life... I cannot recall how each day passed but I lived long enough to taste love, friendship, joy, grief, success, failure, broken heart and many more... Today, I can say I lived all of them in one day...

For me, a birthday is like any other usual day but today, thanks to the friends in the office and three lovely students who brought me a wonderful gift, I consider it as the most special one so far. We had two cakes -one from teachers in the office and one from the students-, had some loud conversations and laughter.

These three students -two of them I have never taught to but they know me through my blog- brought me a very pretty and extremely personalized gift. It is the "Diary of a Mouse Living in 1.6.01 with illustrations". I am posting the pictures of the illustrations and some brief information about each photo. I also post the picture with the three students (Giao, Khanh and Long) assuming they won't mind being on my blog for one day. There is also Mr Tien and Mr Giovanni who are the invisible hands behind the gathering.

Those who want to read the entire story, they can find it by clicking on this link.

Here are the photos of the illustrations (Please forgive my non-existent photography skills):



This is the cover of the booklet. The name of the cute mouse in the picture is "Snow" and he is the protagonist of this story.


Here is the illustration showing the class division in the entire population. Rats control the food supplies and live in wealth. Poor mice are starving and they have no access to the food.


Here, the protagonist "Snow" is falling in love with a human "femme fatale" although this is strictly against the rules in the mice community.


Snow is happy on the grass after a very boring Sunday without seeing his sweetheart. He is now hopeful that he will see her soon...



Snow receives the letter of warning from the revolutionary committee because he ignored his responsibilities due to his recent love affair. If he misses one more meeting, he will be excommunicated :(


Snow is very amorous but his love does not seem pleased. Poor Snow will be brokenhearted soon with this unexpected reaction from her sweetheart but he will not give up.


A policemouse comes to bring the letter. Snow is summoned to the court to defend himself in front of three judges. His kids are taken to an orphanage till the court makes a decision.


An emotional scene in the court: Snow meets his wife who left him long time ago. He learns the truth behind her leaving. He feels betrayed right before the court starts...



Snow in the court, defending his recent actions and trying to convince the judges about his understanding of revolution: Permanent Revolution


The Great Leader visits Snow in the cell. He is shackled to the wall and thinks that his end is soon. he still does not know that his diary is read by many.


Snow escapes from the cell and makes a new home for himself outside the building 1 thanks to his fans who supported his ideas without him aware of anything. He rolls downhill like a ball. He is greeted by a little girl mouse. She calls him "Snowball" for the first time.

Happy End :)

PS: All illustrations are hand-drawn by Le Tran Vinh Hien, a student of HCMC University of Pedagogy, a friend of Long.

2 yorum:

  1. You forgot to mention your colleague! He contributed to the "Ali project" too.

    I really want to echo what Mr Tien wrote, "If I can contribute a wish I would wish life has more people like you!"

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Ngoc, Bao Chu - s319287912:36 ÖÖ

    Hi Ali! So happy to see that you've just enjoyed wonderful moments with Giao, Long and Khanh. Hope I could see you tomorrow after office hours.

    Today was a great day, yet I kept thinking of you in this afternoon, esp. around 3pm when I was in a mandatory training session at my company, as I know you would be surprised at that time ^^

    I'd just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ali :) It's my perfect contentment to see you've got a great celebration for your day.

    ------
    - 7/7/2011 -
    With my deep admiration and love to you, my kind teacher

    YanıtlaSil