Bu Blogda Ara

17 Haziran 2011

A Message from Elizabeth Potter


A few days ago I have received an e-mail from Ms Potter. I read it quickly and assuming it is one of the many spam e-mails, I ignored it. Then I received a second e-mail from the same person. Then I felt suspicious that this may not be a spam. I got back to the first message and realized that it mentions my blog. This meant the sender is someone who knows me personally or at least reads my posts on my blog. At the end, I have decided to publish the letter and the video on the link. It is all about the brotherhood of people who are from different religions and especially embracing the Muslims in USA as they are US citizens.

Please read it and watch the video. If you would like to share it on your blogs or facebook walls, feel free...

Here is the first letter:

Hi

America has always been a melting pot, but in the post-9/11 world the environment can be downright hostile. Recent mosque protests and congressional hearings on American Muslims are all unfortunate examples of a rising tide of fear. This climate of suspicion towards our fellow Americans compromises the great values that our country was founded upon. We’ve put together a video teaser in response that I believe you and the readers of Sporadic writings will be interested in sharing, watching, and discussing:

http://myfellowamerican.us

The site also has many other cool features including the ability to share your own stories and even taking the "My Fellow American" pledge. I would love it if you could post or tweet about this and share the video. If you can, please let me know. I am here if you have any questions. Thank you so much.

Elizabeth

Video is here:





And the second e-mail from Ms Potter after my unintended silence:

Hi again

I sent you an email last week and I hadn't heard back so I wanted to try you again. As you know, America has always been a melting pot, but in the post-9/11 world the environment can be downright hostile. Recent mosque protests and congressional hearings on American Muslims are all unfortunate examples of a rising tide of fear towards our fellow Americans. To address this, we've put together a video teaser in response that I believe you and the readers of Sporadic writings will be interested in sharing, watching, and discussing:

http://myfellowamerican.us

The site also has many other cool features including the ability to share your own stories and even taking the "My Fellow American" pledge. I would love it if you could post or tweet about this and share the video. If you can, please let me know. I am here if you have any questions. Thank you so much.

Elizabeth


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder