Bu Blogda Ara

21 Nisan 2012

"The Bicycle" Wants to Donate Bicycles to the Orphans

Dear friends,

As some of you might know, my third book (first in English) has been published recently and I have received two copies a few days ago. Many friends and some students who follow me on facebook asked me how they can get a copy. Unfortunately, it costs so much to post the books from Turkey to here (sending 2 copies cost my father 185 TL which is about 105 USD). Since I had only two copies, I have decided to make photocopy of the book so that more people can have it. The idea actually is inspired by another writer who used to live in HCMC and did the same thing for his short story collection years ago.

I never made money through my writing and it has never been my priority to make living on writing. The fun and the excitement I "earn" while writing and seeing the constructive comments from the readers is more than enough for me. Because of this, I have decided to sell these photocopy books around me and donate the money to an orphanage (or buy bicycles with the money and donate the bicycles).

For this I made an online Excel sheet which will keep the track of the donations and the total amount. Those who donated money can check their names or their initials on this page. Once all books are sold, I will round the total amount up and will buy a bicycle (or a few bicycles) for the kids in the orphanage. Please click HERE to see the most recent updates in total.The price of the book is minimum 50,000 VND per copy. Making each copy cost me 26,000 VND. I will finance the entire cost by being a judge in a short story contest this weekend (Surprisingly they will pay me for reading 21 short stories and choosing the best 3 in three categories!) so whatever you pay will directly be donated without any deduction.

The final result (total amount collected, picture of the bicycles and the kids riding them) will also be announced on my blog.

The copies of the book will be mainly kept at my office so if you are at school, just stop by 1.4.07 so I can give you the book, record your name (or initials) and give you an autograph (if you wish) on the first page of the book. I will also keep some at home for other friends. You can e-mail me (rizaarican@gmail.com) so I can keep a copy for you.

Some pictures of the book (the original copy) is posted below. The photocopies are not too distant from the original one in terms of the quality of print and easiness of reading it provides. To read the text in the picture, click on the picture.

                                                          The cover of the book

                                                                 Table of Contents

                                                             Acknowledgments

                                                            A short autobiography

                                                          This is the photocopy of the book
                                                               Readable as the original

1 yorum:

  1. I'd say you're a Saint but that's Christian. Do you mind? How much is the book in dollars and how can I get the money to you? If you set up a PayPal account I can do it from mine. Bravo for you. --Allan
    P.S.
    Your father is a Saint too for sending you the books. Some Saints took an oath of poverty so he's headed in the right direction.

    YanıtlaSil