Bu Blogda Ara

14 Mart 2012

What if I burn your friends?

Your friends,
Your sister, your brother
What would you feel if I burn them,
Mr honorable arsonist?

“I know the one who lit the fire, he is a good boy”
What if I turn their lawyers
into deputies one by one?
What would you say Mr “justice!” distributor?

And then if I say “We burned them but ask once why”
And then if I say “We will all go to heaven.|
And then if I say “We burned the infidels,
All the nymphs of the paradise remained to us”
Did they really?

Then if I jail those
Whose ideas are opposite to mines
If I erect a new country
A country in which being in prison is the proof of being intellectual
What would you say, Mr chief guard?

And then if I call the writers as “terrorists”
Rectors, professors and chief commander too...
Then call those who are put in jail without proper questionings
“the rapists, the thieves, the robbers”
Whom shall we call “head of terrorists” in this case?

Then if I say “I burned but there is no oganization behind it”
Then if I say “molotov cocktail should be considered as bomb too”
Then If I say “writing book is a crime”
But it is not a crime to burn neither books nor humans
What would you say Mr Head Arsonist

Then if I become proud of myself with
“One day I had recited a poem
I was imprisoned because of that”
Then if I sue those animal-loving cartoonists
Sometimes one by one, sometimes all together
How great are you, dear “progressive democracy”!

You know how to kill
You know how to say “One minute” too
You know how to bomb
While apologizing for Dersim** at the same time.

Sue this poem too
Even though yours is dead
Mine is still alive
The conscience for humanity

Surely they will find you
The souls of those whom you burned, you let burn
And if you think you will go to heaven
You are wrong
What do all religions, what do all gods
Say to us?
“No one can take the life that I gave but me.”

Indispensable part of the hell
The comrades of apollyons
Those who burned the men or did nothing to stop it
will be burned too, indefinitely in the hell
Because God is fair when treating all men.

Written by Ulaş Başar Gezgin / 14 Mart 2012
Translated to English by Ali Riza Arican / 14 March 2012
His poems with his own voice: http://soundcloud.com/ulas-basar-gezgin



Sivas Katliamına dair Can Dündar'ın yaptığı kısa bir belgesel.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder