Bu Blogda Ara

05 Nisan 2011

The Wall of Love

The Wall of Love

Was it you or my loneliness or the melancholy of the rain?
In this blind darkness of the city, we open our rusty eyes to love
On our lips, curses and itchiness left from the previous night.

Galleries, beggars, motorbike honks, paddies and art-lovers

My ambition was to take you among people, among the mirrors
A drunken flower on your chest, a drunken number in my head.
My loneliness, my sloppy lover, my never-ending pain!
The more we are disgraced in this dirty world, the better

We loitered in the pubs of the city, swang like monkeys
With peanuts and beer before us… Songs of pleasure in our tongues
And moral police at the corner; in the mornings, at every shore
My guardian saints would find my carcass in the gutters
Hot as the garbage-collectors' hands, hot as your breasts
With their hands I chased your soul, with their hands I found you
My loneliness, my bristle-haired beauty, my unsolvable puzzle
The more we stink in this poignant universe, the better

I looked in the sky, a red flash, a plane and a sign for happiness
Steel and stars and pain and tears and human beings galore
One night we jumped over the wall of love to touch the sky
Where I fell was so clear so open and so widely understood
You were at my side, and the planets and the sun and the moon
I don’t count the ones I killed and I let them get resurrected.

O loneliness, my plural songs, the owner of my shackles…
The more we can live without the keys, the better.

A. A. - Appropriated from Can Yücel's poem with the same title.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder