Bu Blogda Ara

13 Mayıs 2012

The Bicycle Donates 3 Bicycles to Orphans


Finally I ended the selling period of "The Bicycle". I sold all 50 copies (I gave some of them free as a gift and put the money in their names) and collected 6,000,000 VND. 

Below you can see the series of e-mails between myself, student Giao and Ms Lan, an employee at the Orphanage at Hoc Mon district. I am also posting some photos of the kids riding the bikes.  

Thanks a lot to Giao for her enthusiasm to find a bicycle seller and connecting Ms Lan with the seller. Without her help, I wouldn't be able to find enough time to get to the right person.   

If you also would like to help kids, you can directly contact Ms Lan or Giao. Both of them are quick to reply and efficient to close the deals. Their contact details can be seen in the series of e-mails below. 

The list of the donors and the total amount can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnKfeE_r3w0UdGtJdHZYdnY5Ty1BOXBhVHc1MEpzSHc







--- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lan <hthuelan@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Bikes and prices
To: Vu Thi Quynh Giao 

Giao thân,
Cô mua xe hôm qua, hôm nay họ mới giao hàng xong, giá là 1.900.000đ/chiếc. Còn lại cô sẽ mua 3 nón bảo hiểm cho các em. Cô sẽ gửi hình cho Giao và ông Ali khi giao xe cho các em. Bây giờ cô gửi con xem hình 3 chiếc xe đạp mới trước nha.
Cám ơn Giao và Ali đã hổ trợ.
Chúc con khỏe.
Cô LAN


Dear Mr Arican,

On behalf of the children in my center, I am deeply appreciated to your kind support.
I have just received your donation of 6 million VND. Based on your fund I could buy 3 bicycles and 3 helmets that value 1.9 million each.

Thank you again and hope to receive your support  in future.

Best regards,

LAN

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, Ali Arican  wrote:

From: Ali Arican
Subject: RE: Donation
To: "Lan"
Cc: vtq.giao@
Received: Friday, May 11, 2012, 11:42 AM

Dear Ms Lan,

I have just sent 6,000,000 VND to the account you have given me yesterday. I think the money will arrive to your account this afternoon.

As I mentioned before, I will appreciate a lot if you can buy bicycles (6 millions can buy 3 or 4 bicycles and helmets) for the kids and then send me the photos of the bicycles with the kids riding them. I will post the photos on my blog to let the donors see once I receive them from you. Although I won’t be in Vietnam after June this year, I will share your contact details with friends (also on my blog) so some others can contact you if they want to donate things.

Best wishes,

Ali



From: Lan [mailto:hthuelan@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Thursday, 10 May 2012 1:18 PM
To: Ali Arican
Subject: Re: Donation

Dear Mr.Arican
It was very enjoyable to speak with you about your donation to my center.
This is my bank account detail:
Name: CƠ SỞ BẢO TRỢ XÃ HỘI HÓC MÔN
Account number; 0600 43334991
Bank: SACOMBANK PHAN XÍCH LONG
will send to you the pictures of the kids and the bikes.
I hope to keep our relationship and I will have the opportunity to welcome you to visit my center.
Please sympathize with me because I'm not good in English.
Sincerely,
LAN

--- On Thu, 5/10/12, Ali Arican wrote

From: Ali Arican
Subject: Donation
To: hthuelan@yahoo.ca
Received: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 9:59 AM
Dear ms Lan,

My name is Aliriza Arican. I got your contact details from Giao, an ex- student of mine.  I work at RMIT International University and at the same time I write stories. I have published my third book recently and sold about 50 copies for charity purpose to my friends at the school. Total amount we have collected is 6,000,000 VND. Since the book is called “The Bicycle”, I wanted to buy bicycles and donate bicycles to an orphanage but it seems quite difficult for me to buy bikes and submit them to your place. So I would like to donate the money to your orphanage as soon as possible. Can you write to me the bank account details of your orphanage? I will send the money tomorrow latest if you send me the details by the end of today.

Besides, to inform the donors, I need to request some pictures. If you buy bicycles with the money (I think it can buy 3-4 bicycles for kids), I will be very happy to see the kids with their bikes. I can put the photos on my blog and let the donors see… If you don’t buy bicycles, then it is still ok. All I need is a short message from you to confirm that you received the donation and will use it for the kids.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best,

Ali

1 yorum:

  1. After you get the photos from Ms. Lan, can you write a nice article about this small project of yours? Then I'll ask the LIN Center for Community Development to publish it in their monthly newsletters. Ms. Lan's orphanage is a partner of the LIN Center.

    Don't ever hesitate to "brag" about your charity efforts because many people are just so self-centered that they need to look at people like you for inspiration or as an example.

    YanıtlaSil