Bu Blogda Ara

12 Aralık 2009

Namus Belası



Honour Crime

Once I fell in prison cells, so many people start giving advice
If I put those advices together, a road from here to village can be made
On difficult days, mother, father, sister, brother become strangers
The blood we spill for the honor crime is ours

We are all from Turhal, we all look alike
One thousand times we quit and again we start drinking wine
The horse is ours, the woman is ours, the weapon is ours, the fame is ours
The prison where we are locked in for the honor crime is ours.

My bride, my tall girl, before we arrive to each other
Before I opened your veil and sit with you knee by knee
They kidnapped you and brought to far away
The life we take for the honor crime is ours

Forgive me my aga*, forgive me my bey**, I regret my wrongdoings
Neither a word is missing nor is a word extra. I said everything
Break the pen***, give me my punishment, why would I want to live more
The life we give up for the honor crime is ours.

* Aga: Turkish word which means elder brother. However, it also means the respected person in rural areas who own a lot of lands and rule the village.

** Bey: Turkish word for respected man. It can be translated as “sir” or “master”.

*** Break the pen: In Turkish tradition, if the judge breaks the pen, this means the final decision of the court is death penalty.

Namus Belası

Düştüm mapus damlarına öğüt veren bol olur
Toplasam o öğütleri burdan köye yol olur
Ana baba bacı kardaş dar günümde el olur
Namus belasına kardaş döktüğümüz kan bizim

Hep bir hallı Turhallıyız biz bize benzeriz
Yüz bin kere tövbe eder gene şarap içeriz
At bizim avrat bizim silah bizim şan bizim
Namus belasına kardaş yatarız zindan bizim

Kız gelinim suna boylum varamadan biz bize
Besmeleyle yüzün açıp oturmadan diz dize
Almış kaçırmışlar seni çökertmişler ıssıza
Namus belasına kardaş kıydığımız can bizim

Ağam kurban beyim kurban hallarımı eyledim
Ne bir eksik ne bir fazla hepsi tamam söyledim
Kır kalemi kes cezamı yaşamayı neyledim
Namus belasına kardaş verdiğimiz can bizim

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder