Bu Blogda Ara

25 Aralık 2009

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Lethe* is passing through inside me, dragging the past loves and the untold stories.
Despite the police and the government, I keep moving, struggling and being adrift.
A half of me is compassion, the other half is scrimmage, the rest is human
I ride the circles that are made of my compasses, my radius and my center.
I am approaching to an abyss behind a crippled guide, to cliffs and to a river.

Ants have taken the roads, with or without rumbles, ruptured from soul.
A wounded cockroach is walking lame, surrounded by millions of motored ants.
I am diving into the crowd, to the lights and noise, to the city and carelessness.
A couple of hands begging for Christmas, for the sake of waste pouring from the sky.
While a few coins land to his hands, merry Christmas he says and waves a good bye.

A little girl touches my leg, a lucky lottery ticket from an unlucky childhood!
A life passes through my trousers, my orbit is love, my radius is revolution**.
I buy a ticket and pay with a smile for the portion of happiness that she deserves
Passing the houses whose balconies are full of kitch, dangling down to the streets.
God is great says the little girl. God is love, God is love, God is love, she repeats .

A few more steps, a thief, perhaps a bag snatcher, perhaps a banker or a politician.
Written on their foreheads, impossibility of difference, one is out-law, one is above.
When all boundaries are drawn by money, is there still a difference between in and out?
A pegasus with white wings, a santa clause, a sparkling princess and an old blind musician
God is mercy he shouts behind his lightful darkness, his voice lacks of ambition.

The fake smile that I borrowed from my friends is lost at the end of the road
Irresponsibility is freedom, freedom is capitalism and free market.
Whenever I stare at this abyss, I see myself and the lying mirrors.
Like an invisible man, my absence is being noticed only when I return.
Pleasure is possible only when the pain ends, when the suffering burns.

You, I, we and they cannot live together in peace so we have this crowd.
It is the dream land at where we dont look, we will never look.
There is no god, there is only human, love, mercy and happiness.
Till the day all people of the world are content and free
There will be no Christmas happy and merry.

Ali Riza ARICAN, 25 December 2009

* Lethe: the river of forgetting in greek mythology.

** The phrase "my orbit is love, my radius is revolution." belongs to a Turkish poet, Pinar Nurhan, Modern Cinayetlerin Kokusu, 37.

1 yorum:

  1. เขียนดีจังเลยค่ะ ชอบนะคะ

    YanıtlaSil