Bu Blogda Ara

28 Ocak 2011

The Apprentice at Repair Shop / by Cem Karaca


The Apprentice at Repair Shop

A fire dropped into my heart, it burns, burns and burns

Anticipation is the bread of my heart, it hopes, hopes and hopes.


Her hands are white, small and round, her nails are painted

I don’t know where I can hide my calloused palms?


She brought her car to our repair shop yesterday

As soon as I saw her, I was haunted and fell in love.


On her legs, her long skirt, her wavy hair shines

My boss asked me from distance, “Son, bring the tools”


I had read something like this in a novel

It was an expensive book with a bright cover


Somehow, the young girl in the story fell in love

With the apprentice boy in a situation like this


I asked my boss not to wear my working uniform for today

I combed my hair on my birded mirror


She will come today to get her car back

Perhaps to turn the fiction in that novel into the reality


Time stopped, earth stopped, she entered through the door

I was frozen; my eyes were fixed, staring at her beauty


I opened the door of the car, I opened so she can enter

She raised her crescent-like eyebrows and asked who this vagrant is


She drove her car off, made me swallow the entire fume

With the tears sprouting from my eyes, I stood up slowly.


My boss came, tapped on my back and said “forget the novels”

“You are a worker, stay as a worker” he said “wear your working uniform”

Lyrics by Cem Karaca. Translated by Ali Rıza ARICAN



TAMİRCİ ÇIRAĞI

gönlüme bir ateş düştü yanar ha yanar yanar
ümit gönlümün ekmeği umar ha umar umar

elleri ak yumuk yumuk , ojeli tırnakları
nerelere gizlesin şu avucum nasırları

otomobili tamire geldi dün bizim tamirhaneye
görür görmez vurularak başladım ben sevmeye

ayağında uzun etek dalga dalga saçları
ustam seslendi uzaktan oğlum al takımları

bi romanda okumuştum buna benzer bir şeyi
cildi parlak kağıt kaplı, pahalı bir kitaptı

ne olmuş nasıl olmuşsa aşık olmuştu genç kız
yine böyle bir durumda tamirci çırağına

ustama dedim ki bugün giymeyim tulumları
arkası kuşlu aynamda taradım saçlarımı

gelecekti bugün geri arabayı almaya
o romandaki hayali belki gerçek yapmaya

durdu zaman durdu dünya girdi içeri kapıdan
öylece bakakaldım gözümü ayırmadan

arabanın kapısını açtım , açtım girsin içeri
kalktı hilal kaşları sordu kim bu serseri

çekti gitti arabayla egzozuna boğuldum
gözümde tomurcuk yaşlar ağır ağır doğruldum

ustam geldi sırtıma vurdu unut dedi romanları

işçisin sen işçi kal giy dedi tulumları

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder